This Site is owned and operated by Smyths Books Limited whose registered office is at Europa House, Ferensway, Hull, HU1 3UT and whose Company Number is 11151679. These Terms & Conditions include general Terms & Conditions for use of this Site, Terms & Conditions relating to the Services and Terms & Conditions relating to the sale and purchase of Products on the Site.
Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully.
This website may only be used for lawful purposes. By using this website, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the website and any transactions conducted on or through the website. Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these Terms & Conditions please contact our Customer Service Team.
The personal information which you are required to provide when you register as a customer should be true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and you must notify us immediately of any changes to the personal information by contacting our Customer Service Team via e-mail or by updating them in the account page information.
You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
- If the goods Smyths Books deliver are not what you ordered or are damaged or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, Smyths Books shall have no liability to you unless you notify Smyths Books Via email within 14 days of receipt.
- If you do not receive the goods ordered by you within 30 days of the date on which they were dispatched to you, Smyths Books shall have no liability to you unless you notify Smyths Books Via email or telephone as a form of contact to address the problem within 30 days of the date on which the goods were dispatched to you.
- If you notify a problem to Smyths Books under this condition, Smyths Books only obligation will be, at its option, to make good any shortage or non-delivery; to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question to the original method of payment.
- Smyths Books will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem you notify to Smyths Books under this condition and Smyths Books shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods.
- Nothing in this condition is, however, intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit Smyths Books liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
- All orders are subject to acceptance and availability. If the goods ordered are not available, you will be notified by e-mail (or by other means if no e-mail address has been provided) and you will have the option either to wait until the item is available from stock or to cancel your order.
- Any orders placed by you will be treated as an offer to purchase the goods or services from us and we have the right to reject such offers at any time. You acknowledge that any automated acknowledgment of your order which you may receive from us shall not amount to our acceptance of your offer to purchase goods or services advertised on the website. The conclusion of a contract between you and us will take place when we debit your credit or debit card or dispatch the goods.
- We will take all reasonable care to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part, we will not be liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any personal information you provide when accessing or placing an order. For more information on how we use and protect your information, please refer to our Security & Privacy page.
Regestering For A Personal Account
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and username. Smyths Books do not have the means to check the identities of people using the website and will not be held liable for losses suffered by you where your password or username is used by someone else. For advice on how to keep your account safe, please refer to protecting your security on our Security & Privacy page.
- You agree to notify us immediately if you become aware or suspect any unauthorised access of your password or username.
Promotional Coupon Codes
- From time to time we may make promotional Coupon Codes available for discounts, prize draws or free gifts. We have a Coupon Code box situated at the “Basket” page where codes can be entered.
- All offers require the use of specific codes to be entered during the checkout process. Coupon Codes remain valid for the durations stated in our promotional materials, at the sole discretion of Smyths Books and may be discontinued at any time without prior notice. You may only redeem one code at a time so we advise you to choose the promotion best suited to your purchase.
- All UK orders are aimed to be delivered within 2-3 working days and we will make every effort to deliver these orders within the estimated timescale. However, delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors or events outside our control, for example, travel and transportation disruptions or higher than anticipated demand. Smyths Books will therefore not be liable for any delay or failure by us to deliver your order because of such delays.
- Please allow some extra time for international delivery’s to be delivered. For information on times and what countries we deliver to please visit our delivery page. Please note You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order. You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. Smyths Books will not be liable or responsible if you break any such law.
- You must provide us with complete and accurate delivery address information. Smyths Books will not be liable for the delivery of your order as a result of you supplying us with incomplete or inaccurate information.
- Please note, if you choose to use any of our delivery partners personalised services (Example: having your parcel delivered to a neighbour or left in a safe place), Smyths Books shall not be liable for any items which are lost, damaged or delayed.
Prices & Payments
- All prices shown on the Smyths Books website are inclusive of VAT at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering the information onto the system. We reserve the right, however, to change prices at any time without notifying you.
- Payment can be made by any major credit or debit card account. Payment will be debited and cleared from your account before the dispatch of your goods.
- You confirm that the credit/debit card that is being used is yours. All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. Fraudulent use of credit cards will be reported to the relevant authorities. If the issuer of your card refuses to authorise payment we will not accept your order and we will not be responsible for any delay or non-delivery and we are not obliged to inform you of the reason for the refusal.
- Please familiarise yourself with these Terms & Conditions before you place an order as we reserve the right to reject or cancel any orders which do not comply with these terms even if your credit or debit card has been charged.
- You have the right to cancel your contract with us for the goods you order at any time up to the end of the fourteenth working day from the date you received your goods.
- If you cancel your order, we will try to stop it before the Product is dispatched to you but please note that this may not always be possible. In the event we are unable to stop your Product from being dispatched please return it to us when you receive it, at which point we will process your refund in accordance with these Terms.
- You can notify us via email or telephone and we will refund the price of the item no later than 10 days from the day on which we receive the item back from you. We’ll refund the same means of payment as you used to make your purchase.
- Please note all international returns must be marked clearly on the outside with ‘Returned Goods’ to avoid import duty. Any import duty that is incurred will be deducted from the refund.